- Regulatory Update 12-2-2013
- HECO to help Oahu solar customers caught in transition to new interconnection procedures
- HECO Net Energy Metering Changes
- HSEA COMMENDS STATE SENATE APPROVAL OF RENEWABLE ENERGY TAX CREDIT BILL
- HSEA and UH Researches Duke It Out Over Energy Tax Credits
- HSEA Executive Director Responds to UHERO "Study"
- HSEA Executive Director Featured on NPR
- Lawmakers move to modify solar energy tax credits
- Rep. Gene Ward Downgrades Solar Industry to ‘Zygote’
- HSEA Executive Director Leslie Cole-Brooks Talks Tax Incentives with Hawaii News Now
HSEA COMMENDS STATE SENATE APPROVAL OF RENEWABLE ENERGY TAX CREDIT BILL
Posted on Friday, March 01, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
HSEA COMMENDS STATE SENATE APPROVAL OF
RENEWABLE ENERGY TAX CREDIT BILL
Tax Credits Support Local Economy, Hawaii’s Renewable Energy Goals
HONOLULU— HSEA Executive Director Leslie Cole-Brooks released the following statement on the passage of SB 623 SD 1 today by the Senate Ways and Means Committee:
“HSEA commends the Senate Ways and Means Committee for passing out SB 623 SD 1, which will close renewable energy tax credit loopholes while ensuring that these tax credits remain available to consumers. Renewable energy tax credits significantly increase affordability and accessibility of solar systems to consumers and businesses and are an essential part of a comprehensive set of policies needed to lead Hawaii to its renewable energy goals.
“Renewable energy tax credits already have and will continue to benefit the entire State of Hawaii, not just those individuals and businesses that take advantage of them. Not only do these credits encourage positive changes in consumer behavior, they also save Hawaii billions of dollars annually that would otherwise be spent on imported foreign oil, thus helping to keep money in Hawaii where it creates local jobs and generates additional tax revenue.”
About the Hawaii Energy Solar Association
Founded in 1977, the Hawaii Solar Energy Association (HSEA) is a nonprofit, professional trade organization whose members are dedicated to providing quality solar products and services to Hawaii’s residents and businesses. With more than 70 members, including installers, distributors, manufacturers, auditors, and financiers of solar water heating and photovoltaic systems, a majority of which are locally owned and operated, HSEA is the leading voice of Hawaii’s solar industry. In support of Hawaii's Clean Energy Initiative, HSEA works directly with utilities, government agencies and lawmakers to create green jobs for Hawaii's economy and help ensure that affordable solar systems are accessible to local consumers. Learn more at www.hsea.org.