Joining the Hawaii Solar Energy Association (HSEA) is the final step to becoming a Solar Energy Provider for the State of Hawaii.
The member benefits include:
For over 35 years, the HSEA has advocated and fought for Hawaii's renewable energy future. Our 35 year and going track record guarantees that our advocacy is well heard. No other industry organization has made such an impact on the State of Hawaii. By becoming a member, you can rest assured that the HSEA board, comprised of long term industry experts, will work to protect the future of renewable energy projects in Hawaii.
The HSEA is also the Hawaii Chapter of SEIA and are also long term partners with the State for hosting training programs. Members of the HSEA often receive discounts for these programs and also receive free training from State Grant programs. We are here to ensure that while the industries continues, your company can also continue to improve.
The HSEA includes members from Distributors, Contractors, Engineering firms and more. With nearly 70 current members, the HSEA General Membership meetings are the Hawaii's Largest and Best Solar Networking programs available.
Download the Membership Application and mail it to:
Hawaii Solar Energy Association
P.O. Box 37070
Honolulu, HI 96837
New Member Policy
- All prospective members shall complete a membership application form.
- The Board of Directors shall perform cursory due diligence on applicant with agencies, such as the Better Business Bureau, Consumer Protection and the Contractors License Board.
- Upon completion of the due diligence, the Board of Directors shall vote upon the applicant’s membership as provided in the by-laws of the Association.
- The President of the Association shall notify the applicant in writing of the decision of the Board of Directors.
- New members agree to abide by the HSEA by-laws, code of ethics, policies and decisions of the Board of Directors.
- All new members shall serve a one-year probationary period.
- Probationary members shall be entitled to the following rights during the probationary period:
- Receipt of all HSEA announcements, newsletters, and publications.
- Attendance at general membership meetings.
- Full voting rights.
- Listing as new member on HSEA membership lists.
- Probationary members shall be restricted from the following benefits during the probationary period:
- Use of the HSEA logo.
- Eligibility to hold executive office.
- Upon completion of the probationary period, the Board of Directors shall vote to accept or deny full membership to the probationary member.
- Annual membership dues are established according to membership category.
- Dues shall be prorated on a monthly basis from the month the Board approves the applicant’s membership.
- All dues and fees are non-refundable.